Saturday 4 August 2007

It begins.... sigh

So... here we are then! Today I begin my blog and already I can't believe how anal I am about word processing. Not only did I type two words in Times New Lets Use It For Everything Roman and have to change to Arial, the font size is 12 and my max is 11 (preferably 10)... and I'm missing having my good old auto-correct on for the many many many words I type the wrong way round but never have to worry about!

But that's just a minor tiny speck on the whole exciting new world that is my blog. Being a writer from the miniature age of 5 (I wrote a famous story about a house full of old plates), up until the modern day where I am emailing constantly for work and writing up minutes reports etc, I have come to realise how much I neglect my creative side nowadays. Which, of course, warrants many a disappointed look from Mr Capel, my old English teacher who had sky high hopes for me in becoming what we used to call a 'lovie' (floaty skirts, messy hair, picnics in the grounds of some castle watching a modern day version of Macbeth in between writing for a left wing newspaper or something). Well that hasn't happened, and since i haven't even been able to maintain a diary for more than a month, I would be surprised if this amounts to much!!

Anyway - I was on facebook just now and I was reading one of my notes, it actually made me laugh! So i thought that doing a blog would at least capture some of this time of my life and maybe make myself and my sisters smile someday in the future... :-) Oh no!! I found how you change the font size. Hang on.

Ok, that's better.

Right well let's begin!!

No comments: